Prep Time: 30min.
Total Time: 3hr. 30min.
Servings: 22 servings, 3 truffles each
- 8 oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3 oz ofStrawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 8 oz of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- suggested coatings: toasted BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, powdered sugar, finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans, grated BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, colored sprinkles
- Microwave the chocolate in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 min. or until the chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the dry gelatin mix and stir for 2 min. until completely dissolved.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Gently stir in the COOL WHIP.
- Refrigerate the mix for 2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Scoop the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls on waxed paper-covered baking sheets.
- Refrigerate the balls for 1 hour.
- Working with a few balls at a time, roll in suggested coatings.
Chocolate truffles are rolled in a variety of coatings for sweet treats that are perfect for gift-giving or for serving on a special occasion.
Truffle mixture softens quickly so when rolling, so only remove about 1 doz. truffles from the refrigerator at a time. If truffles soften too much to roll, return them to the refrigerator to chill them until firm.
Make it Easy
Use a melon baller to portion the chocolate mixture for each truffle. Truffles do not need to be perfectly round and smooth – a slightly rough appearance is considered typical.
How to Store
Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.