- ½ cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 3 packages of unflavoured powdered gelatin
- ½ cup plus 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup of light corn syrup
- 3 large egg whites
- Blue food colouring
1) Grease a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
2) Sieve the cornstarch and the confectioner’s sugar together into a bowl. Use half of this mix to coat the cake pan and keep the other half to coat the marshmallow after it has set.
3) Soften the gelatin with 1/2 cup of the water in a small bowl.
4) Mix the remaining water, the sugar, the salt, and the corn syrup in a pan and bring to a boil. When the temperature reaches 245 degrees take the mixture off the heat and add the gelatin mixture. Stir to dissolve.
5) Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the hot syrup, in a thin stream and beat until the whole mixture has cooled.
6) Roughly stir through some blue food colouring.
7) Spread the mixture in the cake pan and let set for about 3 hours.
8) Sift some of the reserved cornstarch mixture over the top and loosen the marshmallow with a knife around the side.
9) Rip the marshmallow into big rough chunks and sprinkle with the remaining cornstarch.
10) Leave to set for another 3 hours, eat & enjoy!