This Harry Potter bark is one of the recipes I keep on hand for when the kids want to make something in the kitchen, but I’m not in the mood for a couple of hours of baking, decorating and cleaning up again afterward.
One of the reasons this is on my quick and easy shortlist is because you can keep all of the Harry Potter bark ingredients sitting in the cupboard without worrying about anything going moldy because you bought all of the items and then forgot to use them.
Another reason I like this recipe is that my enthusiasm for making pretty things far outweighs my abilities or skills. If you have seen our “Spring Chicken / Molten Monster” cake pops you’ll know what I mean!
With this Harry Potter bark, a long as you do not swirl the colors together too much, it is difficult to make a mess of it.
To make your own Harry Potter Candy Bark:
You’ll need these 4 candy melt colors:
- Wilton, Blue Candy Melts for Ravenclaw
- Wilton, Yellow Candy Melts for Hufflepuff
- Wilton, Red Candy Melts for Gryffindor
- Wilton, Green Candy Melts for Slytherin
You will also need:
- A 15 x 11 half sheet pan.
- Parchment paper.
- 4 microwave safe bowls or a Wilton Melting Pot.
- Assorted Harry Potter jelly beans and candies – Or you can choose regular candies and jelly beans in red, yellow, green, and blue to represent the houses
Harry Potter Candy Bark Directions
Line a 15 x 11 half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt each color of candy melts in the microwave separately or with this Wilton Melting Pot.
Drop circles of the melted chocolate onto the lined sheet pan. Make sure to alternate so no like colors are next to each other.
Use a knife to smooth out the chocolate and swirl together.
Top with the Harry Potter candy.
Chill for 15 minutes.
Break into bite-size pieces and enjoy!
The Harry Potter Candy Bark can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.