Yields: 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 35 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
1 Box of white cake mix
¾ Cup of plain Greek yogurt (can substitute sour cream)
½ A cup of milk
1/3 A cup oil
2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 Cup of Reese’s pieces + extra for decoration
Peanut Butter Frosting:
½ Cup of softened butter
3/4 Cup smooth peanut butter
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 Cup of milk
2-3 Cups of powdered sugar
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache:
½ Cup of creamy peanut butter
¼ Cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, plain Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup Reese’s Pieces and mix to incorporate into the batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full with prepared cake mix.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean), then set aside to cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, create the Peanut Butter Frosting:
Place the peanut butter and softened butter in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add milk, vanilla extract and 1 cup of the powdered sugar to start.
- Beat until smooth and continue adding additional powdered sugar until the consistency and taste are as desired. You may need to adjust the amounts of peanut butter and/or milk depending on the thickness of the frosting and your preference. It should be a thick consistency, but still smooth enough to pipe onto a cupcake.
Frost cupcakes and set aside.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- Prepare the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache:
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 15 seconds, stir and repeat this process until ingredients are completely melted and combined.
- Drizzle the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache over the tops of frosted cupcakes and immediately garnish with several Reese’s Pieces on top.