If you are looking for a tasty yet easy treat for a weekend nibble or a dinner party appetizer that screams wow, then cream cheese stuffed mushrooms might be just the thing for you. This is the basic recipe, but you can change it up a bit to meet your own tastes.
Try some different flavored cream cheeses, a variety of stuffings, or an alternative to the Italian dressing. You can mix and match with almost limitless possibilities. The only thing that should remain the same is how much you enjoy these mushrooms when they are done.
- 24 Ounces of fresh mushrooms
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 Ounce of Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Ounces of stuffing mix
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Finely chop the stems.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, mayonnaise, onion, mushroom stems and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Put the stuffing mix into a separate bowl.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture.
- Press the cream cheese stuffed side of the mushrooms into the stuffing mix until well coated.
- Arrange the mushrooms with the cream cheese sides up, on a baking pan, then drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake on the center shelf of the oven for 30 min or until golden.