For some of us spring has sprung and so too have the thoughts of Easter Crafts! Gabriel is not a big fan of crafts, but this was quick and simple enough for him to enjoy and finish before he hit his concentration limit! Here are the instructions for the bunnies – and of course, we had to add instructions for a carrot – can’t have them turning from funny bunnies to sad ones because they are hungry can we now.
Materials – For one Bunny
- 2 Pipe cleaners
- 2 eyes
- 2 small pom-poms
- craft glue
- Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around a pen until you have a tight spring shape.
- Take a second pipe cleaner and bend it into an M shape – with the outer legs being longer than the inner ones. See picture
- Thread the legs of the M shaped piece through the spring and bend the ends over to make feet
- Adjust the ears until you are happy with them!
- Glue on the eyes & nose, then glue on the tail, low on the body to help it stand up.
To Make the Carrots
- 1 Orange pipe cleaner
- 1/2 a green pipe cleaner
- Wrap the orange pipe cleaner tightly around a pen – using the pointy end to give it some shape. *Top Tip* Do not start at the point of the pen and work upwards. Start about an inch up & work down. Otherwise, the pipe cleaner slips off & drives you crazy – I speak from experience!
- Cut the half pipe cleaner into 3 and twist the pieces together at the very end to make the leaves.
- Poke the leaves into the top of the carrot – you will have to adjust the top of the carrot to close over the end of the leaves.
If you enjoyed this one, how about trying our pipe cleaner Easter chicks craft?