Before moving to Canada, I had never heard of a dump cake – all those years I wasted making things from scratch! Although I do enjoy baking, it is nice to have a few of these quick & delicious items up to your sleeve, especially in a household as busy as ours. I know you would like some of these handy dessert gems too – so here you go – a delicious rhubarb dump cake that will wow the family
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Chop the rhubarb into approximately 1 inch long pieces
- Place the rhubarb into a 13×9-inch baking dish
- Sprinkle the rhubarb with sugar, then dry gelatin mix.
- Beat together the cake mix, water and butter with a whisk until blended.
- Pour the cake mix over the rhubarb and spread to completely cover the fruit.
- Bake for 45 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with COOL WHIP.
- Prepare using a yellow cake mix.
- Use sliced apples Sprinkled with cinnamon
Top each serving with a dash of ground cinnamon or ginger.
This easy-to-make dessert is equally delicious when served chilled.