Our household has been waiting for today. Not because we celebrate Christmas on an unusual day, or have some unique tradition that takes place on the 23rd of December, we’ve been waiting for Trollhunters on Netflix! It couldn’t have been released at a better time either. After a bit of a stinky twelve months health wise, I’ve rounded the year off by tearing a tendon, dislocating a joint, chipping four bones, and fracturing nine bones all in the right foot. I’m not allowed to put any weight on it for ten weeks. On the bright side – what better excuse to binge watch Netflix? I’ll just have to be careful not to snack too much while I’m at it!
My husband and I are huge Guillermo del Toro fans (read the Strain trilogy of books – it’s fantastic, way better than the series) and it’s wonderful to have something of his we can also share with the kids. The preview information says
“When ordinary teenager Jim Lake Jr. stumbles upon a mystical amulet on his way to school one morning, he inadvertently discovers an extraordinary secret civilisation of mighty trolls beneath his small town of Arcadia. Suddenly destined to play a crucial role in an ancient battle between good and evil, Jim is determined to save the world – right after gym class.”
This epic saga isn’t your ordinary kid’s fare, and parents are just as likely to end up hooked. When the world of humans and trolls collide, and a regular teenager is beckoned to save them both, parent and child alike will find themselves cheering on an unlikely yet lovable hero. With dozens of hours of unstructured time to fill until kids head back to school, DreamWorks Trollhunters has everyone at home covered with 26 cinematic episodes ripe for enjoyment. Mom & Dad should especially stay tuned for:
- 24 acts of bravery destined to build confidence.
- 15 jokes adults will love, and kids won’t catch.
- 32 ways to appreciate the power of friendship.
- 14 times you might get a little choked up.
- 38 awkward moments that’ll remind you of high school.
- 14 creatures kids will describe later in painstaking detail.
- Five worlds that’ll inspire fridge-worthy drawings.
- Seven scenes that could [potentially] motivate the kids to make you a meal.
- 46 times kids will totally get the giggles.
- 20 gross-out moments only a child can love.
- 44 insane action scenes to reenact as a family.
- 16 inside jokes to last your family a lifetime.
- 16 times your resident trouble-maker may get new ideas.
- 21 moments that will awaken your inner hero.
- 15 lessons kids will learn whether they realise it or not.
Now is also the perfect time to take advantage of the new Netflix facility to download many of your favourite series and movies at no extra cost. Take the kids favourites to grandmas, your teen’s favourites to Auntie Jenny’s and watch your favourites while hiding in the car to avoid uncle Ralf – or is that just me?
To start downloading today, make sure your Netflix app is updated to the latest version and head to the ‘Available for Download’ menu on your tablet or mobile device.