One box of chocolate cake mix (+ required amount of oil and eggs)
One teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (set at room temp for 10 minutes, so butter is still slightly cool)
8 oz. cream cheese (directly from refrigerator)
4 cups powdered confectioner’s sugar
Two tablespoons milk
Orange food coloring
1. Bake cupcakes according to box directions, and let cool.
2. To make cream cheese frosting, place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add cream
cheese and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
3. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Increase to medium
speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
4. Slowly add the milk and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
5. Use frosting at once or keep refrigerated until ready to use.
6. Cut cupcakes into haves (horizontally)
7. Place a cake half in the bottom of jar
8. Use a piping bag and open star decorating tip to create a frosting layer.
9. Repeat layering cupcake halves and frosting until each jar is almost full. Top with a frosting layer and