We have been lucky enough to own a number of Great Pretenders items over the years. If you are not familiar with the company then I’ll fill you in a little. GP makes a fantastic range of costumes for boys & girls but unlike other costume makers they believe that “dressing up” isn’t just putting on a costume. It’s about sparking the imagination, transporting kids to other worlds, inspiring creative play and encouraging children to develop their own stories and games.
A few years ago our eldest daughter bought our youngest daughter a beautiful purple cape from Great Pretenders as a Christmas gift. It is as lovely today as the day it was bought. It has weathered all of the usual abuses that costumes receive from children and it has come out the other side smiling! This is a picture of Evey, still wearing her cape 4 years on:
So, as you can see we were already Great Pretenders fans so when they contacted us and asked if we would like to review one of their items it was an easy decision! They offered us a beautiful dress for Evey to try but, frankly, Evey is usually the one who qualifies for items to review and so I asked if we could review something that Gabe might like. No Problem they said! After checking out a few of their many, many, boys items we settled on the “Colour a Knight Cape“.
The cape arrived in sturdy packaging. This is always a plus when you are buying costumes as gifts – no trying to wrap up uncooperative fabrics – a nice box is much easier. In the box was the cape and a pack of 8 markers. The markers are water soluble – so they washed easily off of over enthusiastic little hands – but the do not wash off the cape – awesome! Gabriel was very excited and set the cape up for a photo shoot. This had to include his penguin “Peso” as Peso goes everywhere with him and must be included in all things.
Then, as soon as this photo was taken Gabe had the cape on and was flying & jumping around the room in it. i think photos of his enjoyment can do far more justice to the cape than my words can so here is a quick look at how much fun he had:
What doesn’t come through in the photos is that the cape is metallic type fabric on the other side. This gives it a very nice weight and a feel of genuine quality. The fastening at the neck is a simple velcro so I felt very safe with our accident prone explorer wearing it and when he had finally burnt some energy off he lay down on the floor to colour in some of his cape.
The two kiddos have a great time with their capes. Both inside and out they have played ‘Knights & Princesses’ , ‘Superheroes’ and ‘Pirates’ as well as using the capesas wings! The Great Pretenders items are of excellent quality and really do provide a great imaginative play experience.
The generous folks at Great Pretenders would like to give another child the great experience that Gabe had. They are offering one of my readers the chance to spark some imaginative play with a Colour In Knight Cape of your own. Just enter using the form below, rules are both in and after the giveaway form – good luck!
- Open to Canadian & US Residents only.
- All entrants must have reached the age of majority in their place of residence
- All times are in PST.
- Contest ends at 11:59pm April 20th 2015
- Contest winner will be drawn randomly from all qualified entries
- Entries that have been found to be incorrect or incomplete will be removed from the final drawing
- Entrants found to be using multiple identities for multiple entries will be disqualified
- Giveaway Tools is used to randomly draw the winner
- The winner will be notified within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway
- The winner has 48 hours from the time the notification email is sent, to respond with their details
- If no response is received within 48 hrs a second winner will be drawn
- The Winners name will be displayed on the Giveaway Tools once confirmation is received
- Closed Giveaways, with winners details will remain posted, under the closed giveaways tab for a period of one year
- The contest sponsor (in this case Great Pretenders) is responsible for prize fulfillment
- Void where prohibited