This is one of those great crafts that can be made with almost any materials. For this example, we use a fuzzy sock, but you can use any type you like. The same goes for the decoration and face. Let your little ones run wild with their imagination, and you will be amazed at what they can produce! One afternoon we ended up with an entire sock puppet theatre that gave performances throughout the evening.
Have fun and see what fun you & your family discover.
- 1 pair of fuzzy socks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Googly eyes
- Pom Pom balls
- Cut cardboard circle that will fit in your sock for the mouth and fold in half.
- Trace the circle twice onto your piece of felt, cut out, and glue to both sides of the cardboard.
- Cut the toe off the end of your sock, roll the edges around the felt covered cardboard, and hot glue in place to make your mouth.
- Hot glue googly eyes to 2 pom pom balls and glue above mouth for eyes.
- For back spines, cut two long strips of felt and hot glue half of it together, leaving two flaps.
- Separate flaps and hot glue to back of the sock.
- Decorate as you desire, we added extra pom pom balls and a felt bow tie.