35 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups)
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
One tsp. zest and 1/4 cup juice from 2 lemons, divided
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup grated or flaked coconut
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix the wafer crumbs with 1/4 cup of sugar, the butter, and the lemon zest until well blended.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan. Bake 8 min.
- Bake for 8 min.
- Beat the eggs and the remaining sugar in a small bowl with a whisk until well blended and thickened.
- Add the lemon juice, the flour, and the baking powder; mix well.
- Pour over the crust and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until center is set and the top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled before cutting to serve.