- 1 pound of pizza dough
- Three tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- One egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pizza dough on the parchment paper to a 12×12-inch square (if the dough is not stretching, let it rest for several minutes and try again).
- Spread your cream cheese in a 4-inch-wide strip down the middle of the dough square.
- Top with cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 1-inch-wide parallel strips at a downward angle on either side of filling, making sure to cut the same number on each side.
- Starting at the top of the dough square, fold over just enough dough to cover the edge of the filling.
- Arrange cut dough strips across filling, braiding while working from top to bottom.
- Fold over the edge at the bottom of the dough square.
- Lightly brush the braided Danish with whisked egg.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before slicing to serve.