For some of us spring has sprung and so too have the thoughts of Easter Crafts! Gabriel is not a big fan of crafts, but this was quick and simple enough for him to enjoy and finish before he hit his concentration limit! Here are the instructions for the bunnies – and of course, we had to add instructions for a carrot – can’t have them turning from funny bunnies to sad ones because they are hungry can we now.
Materials – For one Bunny
- 2 Pipe cleaners
- 2 eyes
- 2 small pom-poms
- craft glue
- Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around a pen until you have a tight spring shape
- Take a second pipe cleaner and bend it into an M shape – with the outer legs being longer than the inner ones. See picture
- Thread the legs of the M shaped piece through the spring and bend the ends over to make feet
- Adjust the ears until you are happy with them!
- Glue on eyes & nose then glue the tail, low on the body to help it stand up.
To Make the Carrots
- 1 Orange pipe cleaner
- 1/2 a green pipe cleaner
- Wrap the orange pipe cleaner tightly around a pen – using the pointy end to give it some shape. *Top Tip* Do not start at the point of the pen and work up – start about an inch up & work down. Otherwise, the pipe cleaner slips off & drives you crazy – I speak from experience!
- Cut the half pipe cleaner into 3 and twist the pieces together at the very end to make the leaves.
- Poke the leaves into the top of the carrot – you will have to adjust the top of the carrot to close over the end of the leaves