For many of us spring has sprung, sorry East coast – I know you’re still struggling – and so too have the thoughts of Easter Crafts! Gabriel is not a big fan of crafts, but this was quick and simple enough for him to enjoy and finish before he hit his concentration limit! Here are the instructions for the chicks or they could be ducks!
Materials – For one Chick
- 3 Pipe cleaners – Two yellow & one orange
- 2 eyes
- 1 medium sized pom-pom
- craft glue
- Take a yellow pipe cleaner and wrap it around a pen until you have a tight spring shape
- Take a second yellow pipe cleaner and bend it into an Y shape – See picture
- Thread the Y shaped piece through the spring and bend the ends over to make wings
- Adjust the wings until you are happy with them
- Use a small piece of the orange pipe-cleaner to make your V shaped beak
- Using the rest of the orange pipe cleaner make an M shape- see picture
- Bend the end of the M upwards and slide up into the spring body.
- Glue the eyes & beak onto the pompom and glue that on top of the spring.