In the occasional effort to be a ‘proper’ girl and start a beauty routine, I would from time to time, buy facial cleansers & scrubs. However, I found the desire to be girly was often outweighed by the need to do 587 other things I deemed more important so I found I never used the things I bought & I ended up giving them away.
Now when the desire to be a girl hits, I make my own beauty products. Made with things already in the house and only one uses worth at a time I save a fortune and have fun making them. So I thought I would share my favourites with you. Most of them come from “Natural Beauty” by Dorling Kindersley – a book I cannot recommend highly enough if you want to make your own personal products.
Without further ado – here’s how to make Honey & Oat Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats (plain ones !)
- 2tablespoons of glycerin
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 4 drops of orange essential oil
- Grind the oats into a fine powder. You can do this by putting them in a bag & crushing with a rolling pin, using an immersion blender or in a pestle & mortar
- Pour the oats into a bowl & make a well in the center
- Add the honey, glycerin & orange oil.
- Mix thoroughly until evenly blended.
- Gently rub the scrub onto clean skin, making sure to avoid the delicate area around the eyes.
- Rinse off with warm water
- Gently pat dry with a towel.
- Store in a sterilised jar with a tight lid, in the fridge for up to six weeks