- 1 Cup of white chocolate chips (or grated good quality white chocolate if you’re feeling fancy)
- One-third of a cup of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of whipping cream
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Half a cup of powdered sugar – for rolling the truffles in
- Melt your chocolate & butter together in a double boiler.
- Pour in the cream and stir gently until smooth.
- Add the salt and the lemon extract and stir.
- Leave on the counter to cool (so there is no steam when you wrap), cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into balls. (If the mixture is still too sticky drop a small amount of the mixture into powder sugar, it makes it much easier to roll into a ball, then roll it again in the sugar when the ball is formed)
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar, coating well.
- Store them in the fridge in an airtight container up to 1 week in a normal household or if you’re like us – descend on them and consume immediately.