This is an excellent conditioner for oily hair and will leave your locks feeling light and soft. The milk of the coconut nourishes the hair and the oil softens your hair while soothing your scalp. This conditioner can be made in bulk and stored in a cool dry place for up to eight weeks. Don’t forget to label the storage container with the use by date! For one application for shoulder length hair you will need the following:
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (solid)
- Whisk the coconut oil and the egg yolk in a bowl until frothy. A handheld whisk is best if you are making one application but if you are making it in bulk you can use an immersion blender.
- Slowly add the coconut milk and stir it in until the mixture has a smooth regular consistency.
- Apply to your hair, soaking the ends first then slowly making your way up to the roots.
- Massage the conditioner into your scalp to soften the skin and promote the growth of healthy hair.