This is a beautifully light, airy and lemony alternative to the usual brunch bake—a fluffy, not-too-sweet blintz made with Neufchatel and ricotta cheese.
Prep : 15 min
Total time (Prep + Cooking) : 1 hr
Servings : 16 servings
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1 container (15 oz.) Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 5 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons zest and 3 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- Beat the ricotta, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, lemon zest & juice in a large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Whisk the remaining eggs, sugar, flour, butter, milk and baking powder in a separate bowl until blended
- Spread 1/3 of the batter onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
- Cover with Neufchatel then remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 min. or until the centre is set.
Taken from Blogs Release