It sounds like an exaggeration, saying that our family wouldn’t function without Rice Krispies but having a son with autism who has limited tastes & an even more limited ability to speak it is absolutely true in our house. Quite frankly Gabriel loves Rice Krispies, with a passion, it is the only cereal he enjoys and one of the very few foods he will ask for. He would, given the opportunity, ea Rice Krispies for every meal and I really don’t mind this obsession at all.
Rice Krispies cereal is fat free and provides a source of 8 essential nutrients, including Vitamin D. It is not sugar coated so I don’t need to worry about them rotting his teeth and Rice Krispies Original Cereal is made with the goodness of a simple grain and no artificial colours or flavours, making it a fun part of a nutritional breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack!
Gabriel has his own special ritual for eating Rice Krispies. First of all Peso, the penguin he has had since he was 3 days old, must check the box.
Then we have to flatten the Krispies in the bowl and put Peso next to it so both Gabriel & Peso can listen to the ‘snap, crackle & pop’ sounds. This always brings a smile to Gabriels face and it also takes me back to being a kid, getting excited as the mild hits the cereal and makes that magical sound.
This routine always makes Gabriel happy. He has so few words to communicate but one of them is ‘Krispees’. Any time, morning, noon or night, Rice Krispies are great for a meal or a snack and for us they are always the perfect way to interact with Gabriel, hear a word or two from him and bring a smile to his face.
Gabe isn’t the only one who has a smile bought to his face by Rice Krispies
Rice Krispies have been generous enough to give me a years worth of ‘Snap, Crackle & Pop’ goodness for a Red Headed Patti reader. All you have to do is retweet this tweet.
- Open to Canadian residents only
- Contest Ends on July 31st at 12pm
- All times are in PST
- All entrants must have reached the age of majority in their place of residence
- Contest winner will be drawn randomly from all qualified entries
- Entries that have been found to be incorrect or incomplete will be removed from the final drawing
- Entrants may retweet up to once an hour.
- Entrants found to be using multiple identities for multiple entries will be disqualified
- The winner will be notified within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway
- The winner has 48 hours from the time the notification email is sent, to respond with their details
- If no response is received within 48 hrs a second winner will be drawn
- The Winners name will be displayed on this page once confirmation is received
- Closed Giveaways, with winners details will remain posted for a period of one year
- The contest Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment
- Void where prohibited
- All inquiries should be directed to : Patti@ContestPatti.com
“Disclosure: I am part of the Rice Krispies “Moms Just Know” Campaign with Influence Central and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”